Tuesday 27 August 2013

No More Regimes

Ok so here's how it normally goes. I gradually put on weight until I reach a tipping point. For me that is around 69kg and when I can only wear my jeans with big flowy tops and in general my 'wearable' wardrobe seriously shrinks. Then I go into panic mode and reach for the next regime - ie. crash diet - and the whole cycle starts again.

I am embarrassed to say that over the last 30 years I have pretty much done every diet out there. I'm going to try and list the main ones:
- Jenny Craig
- Weight Watchers (sort of)
- Atkins
- The Cruskit and Apple Diet (I made that one up myself)
- (Disgusting) Meal Replacement Shakes (made my hair fall out)
- Dukan
- 5/2
- The Little Black Dress Diet (Basically 3 days of starvation)

These diets do work for me at the time because I get very focused on results. But none have ever worked long term. What I have learnt is that they have lead to me having a very unhealthy relationship with food (which I will go into another time) and absolve me of all responsibility of managing a normal balanced diet which leads to a normal sustainable weight.

So I have decided that for the rest of my life I'M NEVER GOING TO DO ANOTHER REGIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment