Friday 30 August 2013

Eat Less

I'm convinced that to lose weight I need to eat less. I don't actually think its any more complicated than that. Consuming less fuel than the energy you expend will lead to weight loss and consuming more fuel than the energy you expend will lead to weight gain. 

For many reasons I have wrapped a whole lot of complication around this simple truth. For example the order in which you eat food somehow makes a difference or the way you combine them. Or having protein as your only source of fuel. Or not eating carbs after 8.31pm. 

The rules based approach driven by the many regimes I have been on, with many foods off the table altogether, has lead to my unhealthy relationship with food and ultimately overeating. I come off the latest regime, I give up on the rules and make up for days/weeks/months or deprivation by eating too much. I also start to eat like every meal is The Last Supper - in other words, I can feel the weight slowly going back on, I know the next regime is just around the corner, so I'm gonna damn well eat as much as I can right now. And my friends and family will testify than I can put away a lot of food. 

So that's it - to reach a sustainable weight for the rest of my life I'm going to EAT LESS! 





No comments:

Post a Comment